Author Topic: Zero Outstanding Loans Now Showing as Written-Off-CIBIL  (Read 9043 times)

sharathdotc

Zero Outstanding Loans Now Showing as Written-Off-CIBIL
« on: July 26, 2016, 09:08:00 AM »
I got my CIBIL report today and the score is 645 which is bad. I have a mix of secured and un-secured loans and I am a prompt payer. How ever there WAS some outstanding shown (in 2015) on one of the credit cards , I discussed with bank and made the payment to have the outstanding reflect ZERO.
While this is fixed in the new report today , I could see a new problem where a HSBC personal loan taken in 2005 and closed in 2010 is now showing ( this was not showing any pending amount in 2015, there was a mention of the same loan but shown a clear history back then) a written-off amount of around 35k INR. I am surprised of this update and not sure where it came from. ( Note: the outstanding is still shown as ZERO) . I have not retained the 5 year old closure letters from HSBC , how can I fix the situation . Please help

Thanks
Sharath

cardbhai

Re: Zero Outstanding Loans Now Showing as Written-Off-CIBIL
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2016, 11:49:20 AM »
1. For HSBC Loan, What is the basis on which you are saying "No pending amount in 2015" ? Is there a Valid document to substantiate your claim ? If so, use that document and confront with HSBC.

2. You can also demand an explanation on HSBC on how they are now showing Rs 35,000 Written OFF ? Ask them to give them a Detailed Statement by which they have arrived at this Number.

3. When you have navigated yourself into troubled waters, you need to take very good care to survive - Preserve all Documents for the rest of your life. Documentary Evidence Speak by itself in any and every court of Law / Office :-)

sharathdotc

Re: Zero Outstanding Loans Now Showing as Written-Off-CIBIL
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2016, 03:36:06 PM »
Thanks for the response CardBhai
Unfortunately I have not retained any of the documents as it is very old loan. I wrote to info@hsbc.co.in and they now responded back that the outstanding amount is Rs 12k (which doesn't match the 35k as quoted in CIBIL) . Shouldn't the numbers between bank and CIBIL tally ? Can I "demand" the statement or ONLY "request" the statement as how they arrived on this number.
I am not very convinced as there was no "outstanding" reported from last 6 years (Even in the CIBIL report that I pulled in 2014 , there was no issue) and Bank is raising its voice 6 years after closing the account.
The actual call center folks doesn't have any details and may be I have the write to them again.

Thanks
Sharath