Author Topic: Citibank Denied Card - Low Salary  (Read 5060 times)

cardbhai

Citibank Denied Card - Low Salary
« on: September 30, 2014, 11:16:37 AM »
A Reader of Our Blog Wrote to me in an e-mail as below,

I had applied for Indian Oil Cit bank credit card, but they denied to issue me card stating reason of low salary. I strongly believe that they are wrong in their assessment and they do not want to apologies for their mistake. Also they tried to tarnish my credit by sending me a letter stating wrong reason. I have no due OR I never kept any debt also. My credit is absolutely clear & I can prove that. I have 84000/- per month take home salary. I can easily manage the card I applied for.

The letter from Citi bank has huge impact on my credit and malign my image. I can not accept such humiliation. I can prove my eligibility. I want apology from Citi bank & issuance of card. If they do not respond fast I seek compensation in terms of money for harassing mentally & trying to tarnishing my credit image.

This is the first time we have come across such an instance. Sure he has Rs 84,000 take Home Salary but he may have Payment Obligations to the same tune which he has not written about. Kindly read the Analysis of similar case study of Credit Card rejection here.