Author Topic: Investing in Mutual Funds - Beginner  (Read 35826 times)

naive

Investing in Mutual Funds - Beginner
« on: February 08, 2015, 07:40:32 PM »
Hi,
I am new in MF. Can some one give me few pointers in what all mutual funds should one invest in order to keep medium risk and which all one should put in his portfolio for diversification across cap, sectors, equity, debt or hybrid ?

I am looking for long term investment with monthly investment of 10,000 now and it can increase later depending upon the salary. I have already SIP'ed in SBI Blue Chip Fund(is it good ?). Can you also tell me some good liquid funds ?

chetan

• Administrator
Re: Investing in Mutual Funds - Beginner
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2015, 11:45:32 AM »
Liquid Funds SIP ? You are Insane to do so. It is for HNIs to Park their Money to escape the Debt Tax Burden and not for Salaried.

Read this http://www.dalalstreet.biz/forum/india-mutual-funds/why-small-investors-must-invest-by-sip/

And see how much your SBI has given. If SIP returns of SBI Fund beat it continue there else switch to HDFC Tax Saver.

Amol

Re: Investing in Mutual Funds - Beginner
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2019, 09:05:31 AM »
The best thing about Mutual Funds is SIPs. Whereas, SIPs can be as low as INR 1000 every month to get satisfactory returns.  To get the best result from investments in SIPs, you can refer the top 10 mutual funds for sip to invest in 2019 before investing or you can invest in Mirae Asset, SBI Blue Chip, HDFC Capital and Aditya Birla which are the best mutual fund for SIP in the market currently.