Author Topic: Card Settlement  (Read 5934 times)

hrshenai

Card Settlement
« on: November 23, 2010, 01:18:04 PM »
I had settled my own & my wife's HDFC cards in June 2009 & Sep2009 respectively.Due to heavy financial constraints I overshot my wife's card settlement period which ideally should have ended by April 2010 to July 2010.In May the lady whom I was coordinating this payment with had called with regard to the payment & I had asked her to call back in a couple of days & collect the same.Since no call came I tried calling her on the only nos. that I had all through May & June to no luck.In July a officer of HDFC Bank, Kanjurmarg called me with regard to the Rs.14000/- bal. that was pending from my wife's card settlement.I cleared the same by july end as he said the grace period is only for 3 months & there is no way I can extend the repayment period.In Oct. I got call from HDFC saying money is pending on my wife's card. I gave the girl who had called the settlement details & that was it. I did not get any calls. Now in the 1st week of Nov. whenI was out of Mumbai I got a call from the Chandivali office of HDFC Bank saying I need to resettle my wife's card as it was overturned in july. My protestation's as to being contacted by their Kanjurmarg branch in mid July & having cleared the remaining balance did not make any change in his position. All he said was the settlement was overturned in July & I had been misguided.Now he wants me to come down to Chandivali office & resettle.What should I do???

rajamsc2003

Re: Card Settlement
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 01:44:25 PM »
Hi
Better you Directly talk with bank through customer care or by mail

ashishthakur78

Re: Card Settlement
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 05:21:59 PM »
No point in contacting bank because you have not paid in stipulated time. When u paid the balance amount there only u should have asked for zero balance statement. Banks collection people collect payment on pretext that your settlement is still void and orally confirms that. Collection people are temporary people working with banks and even if they are still working they wont remember anything. Ask for another settlement which I think would be beneficial for you.