Author Topic: charged for unsubscribed service offer  (Read 6988 times)

rkumar

charged for unsubscribed service offer
« on: April 14, 2010, 12:21:26 AM »
Hi cardbhai,

i have credit card of a foreign bank, who some time back had called me offering tickets to any where in India for rupees four thousand, which i had given my accent on being confirmed, that tickets of a particular destination was available, later when the brochure came, i found that the promised sector was not in the scheme. the interests thereon have accumalated to 50k +. i wrote to the creditcard services people who replied me that i was charged based on my interaction with the sales people. the sales people had mislead me to give my accent. Am i still liable to pay, 4000 rupees and interest thereon?

cardbhai

Re: charged for unsubscribed service offer
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 05:26:40 PM »
HI, I assume by accent you mean consent in your post.

1. Do you remember the Date and Time of your conversation with the Customer Care Representative ?

2. Draft a letter to the Banking Ombudsman of the Foreign Bank and ask them to resolve the issue within 30 days. Also Refer to RBI/2009-10/64
DBOD.No.FSD.BC.19 / 24.01.011/ 2009-10, 6.1 (d) and (e) [Google for It] and Draft your letter suitably. If you can't do so, then get it dome from an Expert / a Jr. Lawyer. Also quote the Time and Date of Conversation.

3. According to the above said RBI Notification, they have to explicitly send things in Writing but I think the customer has reasonable Power to return the same if he doesn't accept the terms and conditions spelled out to him in the telephonic offer.

Hope this Helps.

CardBhai