Author Topic: CITIbank Credit Card -Settlement and CIBIL  (Read 19440 times)

bull2604

CITIbank Credit Card -Settlement and CIBIL
« on: November 17, 2010, 12:04:12 AM »
Hello Sir,

I had been using 2 credit cards back in 2005. The cards were used upto their full limits and I finally had to agree onto a Settlement plan (monthly payments 3343/-) of ome duration that I can recollect now. The total amount onto the settlement plan was around 1.2lakhs. I paid almost 8 to 10 monthly payments towards my settlement account but then missed 2 payments- money cleared from my suvidha account but did not hit my settlement account. I tried desperately to get this resolved but invain. After 4 months of trying to resolve this I finally gave up like any other human being and never bothered about it again untill the beginning of this year. When I applied for a personal loan with another bank and it got rejected based on this pending settlement showing up against my name on CIBIL.
Now I have the following questions:
1) I contacted citibank on cardcare@citi.com and they have informed me that my total amount due stands at Rs.65487

2) They have given me an offer of a settlement for the amount of Rs.55738.25 in either 1 installment or Rs.60651.22 in 2 monthly installments or pay an amount of Rs 65487(full outstanding) in 3 monthly installments.

I have the enitre amount of Rs 65487 that I can pay currently but can I pay the lesser aounts offered by the bank and still get my CIBIL entry zeroized?

3)Another confusion that arised was after I called up customer care (Citi phone banking number) Credit card dept. , they informed me that the total outstanding ahowing up was 67999/- and not Rs.65487 quoted to me through email. Since I have a bank sales manager as a cose friend I remeber him showing me the CIBIL page where I saw this amount reflecting as Write off. He also showed me my improved CIBIL score of 764 which he told me was good.

a)Now I fear that even if I pay a rupee less on the actual outstanding amount my name would still remain in CIBIL (Read this online on a few forums)

b)Also Im not sure if the email team (card care team) is giving me the correct outstanding amount or is the customer care phone team giving me the correct info.?

c)They are insisting on payments through theses modes:an online payment through debit card by login to www.online.citibank.co.in through E-PAY option.You can also arrange any of your relative or friend in India to make the payments on your behalf.

Else, you can deposit your payments at below mentioned address via cash or demand draft.

TCS E-SERVE LTD
CTS 46, plot no.15
Mahal industrial estate
Mahakali caves road
Andheri - east
Mumbai 400093

But I read on one of the forums that we should make payments only through Crossed Cheques- Is this true?

d) Once I make the payment what are the necessary steps I need to take in terms of receiving all confirmations from the bank, updating CIBIL and ensuring that my account is Zeroized on CIBIL?

c) How long will it take for my account to get zeroized on CIBIL? Anything I need to do to expedite the process?

Looking forward to your response desperately.

Thanks for your time
Nandita Trivedi

cardbhai

Re: CITIbank Credit Card -Settlement and CIBIL
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 09:57:06 PM »
1. Get Full & Final Settlement Letter from the bank.
2. I am not sure how much you want to Pay. However, the difference in their offers and outstanding is something less than 10K, so I advise to Pay in full, but negotiate with them and get in writing that NEGATIVE Remark of Written Off, Bad Debt etc shall be updated with just A/C Closed and Remarks Column being left blank indicating - Good Standing. Read the first post on CIBIL Sub-Forum on this forum and you will know the sections of your credit report.
3. The idea behind paying by crossed check is you will have proof of payment if Citi raises its voice again later.
4. After the payment is posted, it may take upto 60 days to reflect in the Credit Report.

IMPORTANT - Save all Documents for the next 10 years. Negotiate for clean chit on Credit Report when you are paying.