Author Topic: Closing of card account  (Read 5753 times)

gotu

Closing of card account
« on: December 13, 2009, 08:32:20 AM »
I had an SBI Card a few years back. I was promptly paying my bill till some issues broke out between us due to the irresponsible behaviour by their customer care department. Hence I requested cancellation of my card. They had intimated me through email that my card is cancelled and asked me to destroy the card which i did accourdingly. I have no dues to pay. But I noticed that my account can be logged in online. I wanted to know, why the account is alive despite being cancellation of card. I repeatedly requested them to send a letter stating closing of account, but till date I have not received the same. Please advice me what to do

cardbhai

Re: Closing of card account
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 09:24:09 AM »
Actually, they should have cut of access to your online account too. But having a look at their website, it seems that it is poorly developed. Consider this,
In case you have upgraded your SBI Card, please register again with the New Card details,
this implies they are maintaining records on the basis of Card Number rather than Customer ID and link all the card accounts.

For your safety,

1. Preserve a printed copy of the e-mail as well as the e-mail itself.
2. Log in to your account and print a statement which will say ZERO Balance due or likewise
3. Finally send a Registered AD Letter to the bank that my A/C has been closed with all dues PAID OFF and you are not liable for any transaction on the Card A/C Number. Save the Letter and Acknowledgment and you are all set.