Author Topic: credit card  (Read 4244 times)

ashish4465

credit card
« on: August 20, 2010, 03:37:30 PM »
I had a HSBC credit card which was lost and I reported the loss of credit card on 15th June  2010, but there were already some fraudulent transactions (total 8 transactions, worth Rs. 11382/- in total, were incurred on this card on 6th and 8th June 2010.
I reported FIR at Police department, and then I filled up and signed the dispute form and sent it alongwith FIR scanned copy at   info@hsbc.co.in.   on 19th June2010.

The charge-slips were not signed by me and the signature also does not tally with my signature recorded with HSBC.

HSBC denied the dispute claim raised by me saying that the  transactions were  done before the card was reported as LOST CARD. so they expect the disputed amount to be settled by me.
Also in other communications they have stated that all the transactions are authorised and settled electronically with the merchant bankers and there is no mannual intervention.
 I again raised the issue with Nodal officer HSBC, and Country head - personal finance department of HSBC. But all of them are denying their HSBC's responsibility for not matching the signature on chargeslip
I would like to know following things.,

1) what are the rules and regulations  set by RBI for such fraudulent transactions (signature not matching on chargeslips) and responsibility of Card Issuer Bank.

Now I have no option left, but to apply for reversal of these transactions and compensation at Banking Ombudsman.

Please guide me how I can proceed with this issue?
If possible please send me a draft of letter to be sent to Banking Ombudsman.

My email - ashish_b1965@yahoo.co.in