Author Topic: credit card settelement  (Read 5678 times)

sachiinwaichall

credit card settelement
« on: August 16, 2010, 09:27:27 PM »
dear card bhai,
I had a credit card long back in 1997-98 of standard chartered bank, the outstanding amount in 1998 was Rs. 10,000.00. which i was ready to pay. but the bank denied. In 1998 recovery agents were demanding Rs.20,000.00 for settlement. and started harrasing me & threatening me that they will take away all my house hold goods. i was afraid and hired a lawyer who gove them a legal notice to which the bank did not replied.since then there was no contact between me and the bank. After 12 years in 2010 I had applied for  for a cash credit enhancement limit to be extended from 6 lakhs to 15 lakhs ( please note that i am enjoying a Cash credit limit of Rs. 6 Lakhs from 2001) The bank had sanctioned the cash credit enhancement and also gove me the sanction letter and asked to pay a stamp duty of Rs.5000.00 and the agreement to this was executed between me & the bank. Also please note that i ahve given my shop of Rs.26,99,000.00 as mortgage to the bank. Now when the laon has to be released the bank has denied me the limit enhancement saying that my name appears in the cibil report. and that i am a defaulter. I approached standard chartered in pune office but they are demanding exorbitant amount of Rs.4 lakh to settle my dues. what should i do please advice, is ther any recovery agency in pune which settles such type of matter or should i seek help from any lawyer, please advice you can call me give ur number so that i can speak with u.
thanks   
sachiin waichall
+91- 9423009688,9689996661

cardbhai

Re: credit card settelement
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 10:19:43 AM »
1. Where [Bank , product.. details] did you apply for Cash credit Enhancement ?
Not very clear on how your linking the story of your credit card with the current CIBIL problem. Have you made an effor to get your CIBIL report and see what's in it ? Do so.

sachiinwaichall

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 10:37:32 PM »
dear cardbhai,
i have applied for cash credit enhancement in bank of india,(SME CC) pune. also i have got my cibil report which says that i have outstanding of Rs.3.5 lakhs on my standard chartered credit card. the bank says that as your cibil report shows the outstanding amount please close this credit card outstanding then we will disburse the enhancement

cardbhai

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 11:11:07 PM »
Since the amount involved now is 3.5 Lakh, kindly Hire a Lawyer. Also point your lawyer to RBI's Master Circular on Credit Card Operations of banks which maybe of use to him. He will know better on how to Draft the Case and then sit across them on the negotiating table.

Best.

sachiinwaichall

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2010, 02:55:09 AM »
dear card bhai,
I had a credit card long back in 1997-98 of standard chartered bank, the outstanding amount in 1998 was Rs. 10,000.00. which i was ready to pay. but the bank denied. In 1998 recovery agents were demanding Rs.20,000.00 for settlement. and started harrasing me & threatening me that they will take away all my house hold goods. i was afraid and hired a lawyer who gove them a legal notice to which the bank did not replied.since then there was no contact between me and the bank. After 12 years in 2010 I had applied for  for a cash credit enhancement limit to be extended from 6 lakhs to 15 lakhs ( please note that i am enjoying a Cash credit limit of Rs. 6 Lakhs from 2001) The bank had sanctioned the cash credit enhancement and also gove me the sanction letter and asked to pay a stamp duty of Rs.5000.00 and the agreement to this was executed between me & the bank. Also please note that i ahve given my shop of Rs.26,99,000.00 as mortgage to the bank. Now when the laon has to be released the bank has denied me the limit enhancement saying that my name appears in the cibil report. and that i am a defaulter. I approached standard chartered in pune office but they are demanding exorbitant amount of Rs.4 lakh to settle my dues. what should i do please advice, is ther any recovery agency in pune which settles such type of matter or should i seek help from any lawyer, please advice you can call me give ur number so that i can speak with u.
thanks   
sachiin waichall
+91- 9423009688,9689996661