Author Topic: How to go by settlement  (Read 7019 times)

bilalinamdar

How to go by settlement
« on: January 18, 2010, 01:22:19 PM »
Respected sir,

I have a HDFC GOLD international credit card. I spended around 25 thousand or so on the card and also took a loan on it or rs 20 thousand and become a defaulter as on may or something last year. Before that i was trying to convince the bank to settle my account (the whole amount just reduce a 10-5%) and i will pay all cash in one shot. But they didn't agree. I tried this process for 2 months still nothing. so i stopped paying installment... After 3 month or so the bank froze my HDFC saving account consist of 8000 rs or so. After that still i was getting harrasing call... I asked them to realease the account because i am preparing to settle the cc balance with that money and was trying to add more like 40k or so.. but they said u have to pay full balance than only we will release the account... after  a month or so some one came (recovery agent) and suggested me to settle the account he talked with the superior.. Now i am not in the condition to pay the amount because i was more in debt.. So i asked him that the got my saving account and i want to settle around 15k or some...so with saving account money it will be 22k or so... he justed the same thing... now he called up some superior he also said that we will have to apply for settlement letter but u have to pay a 1700 rs just to show the account is active.. so i paid it... After that he called me up (1 month) and said that 24.5k is the settlement amount... so i said okay deduct 8k from bank and i will pay the remaining immediatly... he said that it is not possible because saving account balance is deducted in INSTALLMENT of the credit card..now i am stuck ...
what should i do remove my name from cbill and settle the account... remember my position is just 15k...
what precaution should i take... also whom to contact ...if u say directly deal with the bank than whom should i contact...
I asked the guy what is ur possition he said that i am collection agent in bank.. wherever u go u have to come back to me... what to do..totally outstand is 20 + 25 + some their taxes late fee extra = 55k

chetan

• Administrator
Re: How to go by settlement
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 04:26:32 PM »
Banks are not here for charity, so any amount that you have originally borrowed from them as credit card loan or personal loan has to be re-paid back with modest interest as fees.

I am not sure how you have communicated with the bank earlier. If you have used Written mode of communication, then take photocopies of the same and write to BCSBI .

They will advise you on hot to procceed. Please follow the instruction written by CardBhai here

http://www.cardbhai.com/2009/12/how-to-settle-credit-loan-defaults.html