Author Topic: Refund of Credit Card Funds on Cancelled Orders.  (Read 5279 times)

ckwahal

Refund of Credit Card Funds on Cancelled Orders.
« on: May 31, 2010, 12:42:44 PM »
Card Bhai,

I have a specific query on Credit Cards.

•   I am a member of India Today Book Club from where I buy items offered to me from time to time.
•   I ordered a couple of items using the VISA credit card through mobile banking on 30.03.2010.
•   I have cancelled the ORDER immediately the next day on phone and also sent number of e-mails in this regard and ITBC has provided me the Complaint Number as well.
•   It is almost two months now but they are not refunding the money paid to them against cancellation and just delaying it by offering one plea or other.
•   I know one thing for sure that I would be able to get back my money from ITBC but that may take time as has happened in one of the earlier orders that also I cancelled.
•   I would specifically want to know what is the procedure to tackle ITBC so that they do not cheat its members by delaying the refunds.
•   I know one way is to file a suit in the Consumer Redressal Forum where I am sure to win as I have all the records available with me.
•   But I would like to know if I can inform the modus operandi of the operations of ITBC to Reserve Bank of India or any other suitable forum that they adopt and go on postponing the refunds as much as they can and circulate the money for making more interest for their own benefit while denying the money to its owner.
•   I would appreciate learning more in this matter please.

Thanking you,

Sincerely yours,

Dr. C. K. Wahal

cardbhai

Re: Refund of Credit Card Funds on Cancelled Orders.
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2010, 11:48:34 PM »
I didn't know that India Today Book Club would stoop to such low levels of business practices. Ask for Order Transaction Code: from ITBC and verify the same with your credit card company for refund.

If ITBC doesn't give you, verbally threaten them to file a Police Complaint of charging your credit card without your permission. If it doesn't work, if you live in the same city as ITBC, you might actually want to go and flex your muscles on them along with the Police.