Author Topic: SatnChart - Focus on Value Addition  (Read 7019 times)

cardbhai

SatnChart - Focus on Value Addition
« on: November 23, 2009, 11:57:45 AM »
StanChart which was one of the earliest credit card players in the Indian market has gone slow and focused on building quality customers rather than banking on numbers. Here is what its Chief of Credit Cards - Shyam Srinivas has to say,

• Build on existing relationship. Look for sustainable and slower growth for over 1.4 mn card holders
  • Remained stable when the number of credit cards were pruned in India.
  • Customer Consolidation - For example, a customer who have had 4 cards is now having just one or two because it is becoming unmanageable for him
  • Why Personal Loans are Cheaper than Credit Cards - Personal Loan is a Term Loan while Credit Card is a Revolving Credit. The latter is a sudden demand credit. Additionally, there is cost of servicing, collection and finally the troubled recovery
  • Role of Credit Bureaus - They give you the complete picture / indebtedness of the customer and his spending and borrowing pattern. The new growth that will happen will be a lot more disciplined and of better quality 

cardbhai

Re: SatnChart - Focus on Value Addition
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 12:31:12 PM »
Mr. Bansal - Union Bank's GM for Credit Card division said,
Banks have tightened their due diligence norms for issuing credit cards. Awareness about Debit cards has increased significantly with the spread of ATM networks. Moreover, customers don't want to live beyond their means and are appreciating Debit card usage.

cheezz

Re: SatnChart - Focus on Value Addition
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 05:38:15 PM »
Question on credit card so confused pls help!!!?

I want to shop online and in the checkout i added my debit card no and it said partial debit/credit card and then i used my new credit card and its telling that the transaction is cancelled. Whats can be the problem pls help me!!!
33 minutes ago - 4 days left to answer.

Additional Details
the card works in my country but not internationally. but actually the card is international-IOB visa card.