Author Topic: Standar Chartered bank Credit Card - harrasment  (Read 4640 times)

mankam

Standar Chartered bank Credit Card - harrasment
« on: November 25, 2011, 04:35:26 AM »
Hi forum,

I need advice, do a person actually goes in a jail if he fails to pay his credit card dues in India ? Is their a such law ? is it a criminal offence in India ? This Stan Chart bank people are calling and telling that they are calling from Gujrat and Banglore and treatning of some Police action and ine of them is saying he is the investing getting officer ? Can some please advice honestly..Thanks

Jack

cardbhai

Re: Standar Chartered bank Credit Card - harrasment
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 08:06:17 PM »
No you will go to Jail only of the Court of Law Decides on it.

mankam

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 11:28:15 AM »
Hello Cardbhai ,

I didn't get your message ? What do you really mean to say the people calling are real cops...NO NO..I confirmed with my lawyer...When I am leaving in Poona ...a One guys calls from Gujrat and the othe one from Banglore...and they are saying they are calling from Mumbai ? I have paid them since last many years my credit limit was 20,000 and I've paid them more than 40,000 infact one of their collection guy has given me a receipt which says " Full & Final" Payment then why again after 10 years these people started harassing me ? these 10 years they never contacted me by any source nor anyone visited my house since I've a permanant address I cannot move some where and why will I when I've paid them..I stopped becuase my business went into HUGE losses and I even have to sell my office etc...But did tried my level best to clear all debt...and is being in DEBT a criminal offence ? Kindly advice ASAP

Thanks
Jack

cardbhai

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2011, 09:07:56 AM »
In the above message I meant to say - You will not go to Jail unless the court of law decides Orders it.

First STOP using their credit card if you haven't done so yet.

If you have all the documents then straight away approach the Ombudsman of the Bank and File complaint against the Bank for Harassing you. Mark a copy of the complaint to RBI Ombudsman as well depending on the region of your residence.

iamjoe

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2011, 04:13:21 PM »
The company can put a case on you and only calls for you in the court . They can not put you in jail . Only Court result can put you in jail . , and if want to cearify your condition then it is highly recommended that you consider a lawyer who deals with these type of issues .