Author Topic: Mutual Fund Queries!  (Read 28582 times)

pawankumar

Mutual Fund Queries!
« on: May 12, 2010, 04:53:30 PM »
can someone here give me any information about Reliance Diversified Power Sector Fund,i believe An open-ended Power sector Scheme?

virendra

Re: Mutual Fund Queries!
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 05:57:45 PM »
 Reliance Diversified Power Sector Fund aims to generate continuous returns by actively investing in equity / equity related or fixed income securities of Power and other associated companies.

Structure : Open-ended Power Sector Scheme

Inception Date : April 15, 2004

Plans and Options under the Plan :
Growth, Bonus, Dividend.

Face Value (Rs/Unit): Rs. 10

Minimum Investment :
Rs.5000.

Entry Load : For Subscriptions Below Rs. 2 crores - 2.25%. For Subscriptions of Rs. 2 crores and above and below Rs. 5 crores - 1.25%. For Subscriptions of Rs. 5 crores and above - Nil

pawankumar

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 04:57:56 PM »
good information.thanks.can you please tell whats the difference between close ended and open ended schemes!

virendra

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2010, 03:30:13 PM »
Sebi recommending that the minimum net worth for mutual fund companies be increased from the current Rs 10 crore to Rs 50 crore.How would companies like Reliance and Tata would react to this?

jrahul52

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2010, 04:52:51 PM »
i am new to the mutual fund market!If someone can please suggest me some good mutual funds from the house of ICICI,Reliance and Franklin Templetion..it would be great!
thank you.

chetan

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2010, 09:27:01 AM »
Rahul,

What's your investment Horizon ? For Long term, Reliance Growth Fund, Reliance tax saver, Templeton Blue chip, Templeton India Growth Fund [for 10+ years]

However, have a look at HDFC Top 200 and DSPBR 200 Fund as well.

jrahul52

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2010, 06:26:48 PM »
Rahul,

What's your investment Horizon ? For Long term, Reliance Growth Fund, Reliance tax saver, Templeton Blue chip, Templeton India Growth Fund [for 10+ years]

i am looking for investment for 5-8 years!
and precisely interested in reliance.
thanks for the info.appreciate it.

jrahul52

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2010, 02:05:29 PM »
and i have capital of 1 to 2 lakhs
my risk capacity-i would say i can bear around 50%!
thanks.

pawankumar

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2010, 03:05:25 PM »
Rahul,

i am looking for investment for 5-8 years!
and precisely interested in reliance.
thanks for the info.appreciate it.

I do have few suggestions for you

Choose between some of these
Reliance Equity
Franklin India Bluechip Fund

Choose 1 Mid cap fund from
Reliance Growth
IDFC Premier Equity
ICICI Pru Discovery

Choose 1 Multicap Fund from

Reliance Regular Savings Equity

pawankumar

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2010, 06:15:11 PM »

There is one called Reliance Long Term Equity for small and mid cap companies. The fund defines the small and mid cap stocks as follows: any stock having market capitalisation below Rs. 250 crores as a small cap stock and any stock having market capitalisation between Rs 250 crore to Rs. 1500 crore as a mid cap stock.

virendra

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2010, 04:16:50 PM »

Mutual funds fall into three categories:

* Equity funds are made up of investments of only common stock. These can be riskier (and earn more money) than other  types.
    * Fixed-income funds are made up of government and corporate securities that provide a fixed return and are usually low risk.
    * Balanced funds combine both stocks and bonds in the investment pool and offer a moderate to low risk. While low risk  may sound good, it is also accompanied by lower rates of return-meaning you risk less, but your investment won't earn as much. You have to decide how much risk you're willing to take on before you invest your money.

so you have to know what to invest and where to invest before deciding on anything particular.

Some of the good funds in the market are from ICICI,Reliance and Franklin Templeton!