Here is a list of Most Preferred and Least Preferred stocks from Merill Lynch.
Top 3 preferred Stocks,
- BHEL – Maintained at the top spot with huge order book. Capex meeting schedule.
- Suzlon – Bharti Airtel is out after the recent spectrum imbroglio and Suzlon Energy is in. Successfully addressed law and order issues. Large order wins from DLF and Reliance Energy improve visibility.
- Grasim Industries – Strong cement prices in the upcoming construction season (Oct ’07 onwards)
Lest Preferred Stocks,
- Hindalco – September results likely to be hurt by strong rupee
- Tata Motors – Declining Volumes
- Pantaloon Retail India – Same stores sales growth is choppy. margin pressure. Inventory sell-off expected at lower prices
This does not necessarily mean a BUY or SELL on the stocks discussed above. Dig through our research reports to take an informed decision.